Help for Lytton Fire Evacuees –
From Sustaining to Rebuilding the Community
Updated: January 7, 2021 (click here for Chinese version)
With the help of the West Coast Pilot Club, the Christmas Hampers arrived at Lytton and Merritt on December 22 – just in time for distribution before Christmas! They were delivered through a combination of planes, helicopters, and trucks. A huge thank you to the pilots and truckers who delivered the hampers under severe weather condition. The relief centre and food bank were overwhelmed by the beautifully decorated boxes. We were told that all the recipients of the hampers were thrilled – “they just love the special gifts and treats in the hampers. Totally unexpected!”
Depending on the weather and road condition, we will be making another delivery trip to Lytton in January or early February. Please continue to support us with your prayer and donation. Encourage others to do so. As usual, our pantry is empty after our last trip.
Camp Hope Ministry
As a result of our connection with Lytton First Nation Emergency Operations Centre, FraserLands Church will be working with them to support the 22 Lytton evacuee families staying in Camp Hope. Two visits are planned for January:
- Saturday, January 15 – Technol Clinic to help them with their smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- Saturday, January 29 – Lunar New Year Celebration
Richmond Capstan Alliance Church will keep helping Fraserlands Church to collect supplies.
List of Needed Items:
The following list are the items needed. Please ensure the donated items are New, Unopened, and Not Expired. We want to bless the evacuees with our generosity.
- Non-perishable Food – some specific items include:
- Cooking Oil
- Cereal (Cheerios, Rice Krispies)
- Canned Food
- Peanut Butter
- Microwave Popcorn
- Salt and Pepper
- Quinoa, Couscous
- Coffee and Tea
- Powdered Milk, Canned Milk (Pacific)
- Lemon Juice
- Salad Dressings
- Soup Bases
- HP Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Saran Wrap and Tin Foil
- Cooking/Baking Items – Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Yeast, Parchment Paper
- Dairy Free Milk – Almond Milk, Soy Milk, Lactose Free Milk
- Pet Food
- Zip Lock Bags
- Gatorade, Water, Boost Drinks, Protein Drinks
- Hygiene Products – some specific items include Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Size 6 diapers, shampoo and conditioner
- Body Lotion, Body Wash, Underarm Deodorant (men and women)
- Razors (men and women)
- Dish Sponges
- Garbage Bags – black and white
- Batteries of different sizes
- New winter clothing and footwear (larger sizes)
- Cleaning Items – Buckets, Dish Soap, Laundry Detergent, Bleach, Comet, Pinesol, Mr. Clean, Lysol Wipes, Mops, Brooms, etc.
- DVD Movies (new or used)
Please ensure the donated items are New, Unopened, and Not expired. We want to bless the evacuees with our generosity. You can drop off your donations to us:
Fraser Lands Church 3330 SE Marine Dr. Vancouver (Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except for public holidays)
Richmond Capstan Alliance Church 3360 Sexsmith Road Richmond (Tuesday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except for public holidays)
For inquiries, please contact Nicholas at email@example.com or 236-518-7115 (Fraser Lands Church) or Sunny Leung at 604-213-5262 (Richmond Capstan Alliance Church).
Thank you for your generosity and let’s continue to remember the residents of Lytton and surrounding communities in our prayers.